The Locah project (2010-11) pre-dated Linking Lives, having published Linked Data for a sub-set of Archives Hub data, as well as prototyping visualisations and blogging on opportunities and barriers.
The Locah blog documents the whole process, from the data modelling through to decisions about URIs, external datasets and visualisation work. Some topics covered include:
- Data modelling for archival Linked Data
- Finding, using and creating vocabularies
- Designing URI patterns
- Transforming archival data into RDF/XML and other formats (e.g. using XSLT)
- Thoughts on architecture and workflows for exposing archival data as Linked Data.
- Creating Linked Data views (e.g. using the Paget Framework)
- Querying Linked Data using Sparql
- Opportunities and barriers arising from producing and using Linked Data