Linking Lives is exploring ways to present Linked Data. We aim to show that archives can benefit from being presented as a part of the diverse data sources on the Web to create full biographical pictures, enabling researchers to make connections between people and events.
Archives Hub Linked Data now available at http://data.archiveshub.ac.uk/
Locah Project Resources
- Data modelling for archival Linked Data
- Finding, using and creating vocabularies
- Designing URI patterns
- Transforming archival data into RDF/XML and other formats (e.g. using XSLT)
- Thoughts on architecture and workflows for exposing archival data as Linked Data.
- Creating Linked Data views (e.g. using the Paget Framework)
- Querying Linked Data using Sparql
Author Archives: Adrian Stevenson
Myself and Jane spoke about the Linking Lives project at the EMTACL ‘Emerging Technologies in Academic Libraries’ conference in Trondheim, Norway a few days ago. We were co-presenting ‘The Winner Takes it All? – APIs and Linked Data Battle It Out’, … Continue reading