This blog has been archived
Linking Lives explored ways to present Linked Data. We aimed to show that archives can benefit from being presented as a part of the diverse data sources on the Web to create full biographical pictures, enabling researchers to make connections between people and events.
Archives Hub Linked Data now available at http://data.archiveshub.ac.uk/
Locah Project Resources
- Data modelling for archival Linked Data
- Finding, using and creating vocabularies
- Designing URI patterns
- Transforming archival data into RDF/XML and other formats (e.g. using XSLT)
- Thoughts on architecture and workflows for exposing archival data as Linked Data.
- Creating Linked Data views (e.g. using the Paget Framework)
- Querying Linked Data using Sparql
Category Archives: data processing
Our Linked Data work has thrown up a significant number of challenges around the consistency and structure of the source data from the Archives Hub, and nowhere more so than around identifiers for the archival resources, that is, the references … Continue reading