This blog has been archived
Linking Lives explored ways to present Linked Data. We aimed to show that archives can benefit from being presented as a part of the diverse data sources on the Web to create full biographical pictures, enabling researchers to make connections between people and events.
Archives Hub Linked Data now available at http://data.archiveshub.ac.uk/
Locah Project Resources
- Data modelling for archival Linked Data
- Finding, using and creating vocabularies
- Designing URI patterns
- Transforming archival data into RDF/XML and other formats (e.g. using XSLT)
- Thoughts on architecture and workflows for exposing archival data as Linked Data.
- Creating Linked Data views (e.g. using the Paget Framework)
- Querying Linked Data using Sparql
Tag Archives: biographical history
I have been starting to think about the user interface for Linking Lives. We will probably go for something quite simple in terms of layout, because there is quite a bit of complexity when bringing together a range of data … Continue reading